I am due to have upper eye blepharoplasty on the XXXX, and I have a few questions if you wouldn’t mind answering I would be very gratefull, please see below:-
- How long will the procedure take? About an hour, although you will be at the hospital for an hour and a half roughly.
- Will I have much swelling and bruising? Always a bit, sometimes more on one side than the other. Usually not very much.
- Will there be pain after surgery? Generally not, people do not generally take any pain medication.
- I have booked ten days off work, will I look ok to go back to work by then? Yes, it should be fine.
- Do the stitches dissolve, or will they need to be removed at a later date? I will see you and remove them at 1 week (dissolving sutures in that position leave the scars a little pink and are a little slower to settle.
- Do you use laser or knife? Good old fashioned scalpel works best for this operation
- How long should I sleep upright? Seven days
- Do you give me any aftercare products to use on the eyes? No- I will talk to you about the recovery process and how to look after things, but there will no products to put on or use.
Thank you in advance.